Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Made Money at Walgreens! And Free Toothbrushes, Tape, Cheap Gelatin ...

I saved $18.87 at Walgreen's today and actually MADE money leaving the store! I am so excited! This is my first time actually MAKING money by leaving a store with almost $20 worth of merchandise!

I just stopped into Walgreens - unprepared- so I hadn't scoped out the deals before I went (I don't recommend this). But even without preparation, I headed in with my coupons and saved anyway!

I picked up a can of French's French Fried Onions- on clearance for $1.59. I used my $.75 off coupon paying a total of $.84

I then got 5 Royal Gelatin's for $1 using the in-ad coupon (good through 5/21).

I also had a Scotch 3M Magic Tape Coupon for $1 off one- and Walgreen's had an in-ad coupon for buy one, get 2 (yes 2) FREE! I bought one at $1.99, got 2 free and $1 off- paying $.33 each :)

The Best Deal, by far, were the FREE Reach Tooth Brushes! They were on clearance for .99 and I had $2/2 Single Brushes so I got them for FREE! The Bonus: I got $4 to spend on my next purchase at Walgreens!!

The Krazy Coupon Lady explains this best (had I checked her site before my trip, I would have know!): There is a Catalina promotion going on right now for Reach toothbrushes through 6/12. Walgreens would be a good place to take advantage of this deal. The Reach toothbrushes there are only $0.99 through 5/28. First, here’s the details of the Catalina:

Buy 2, Receive $1.00 Register Reward
Buy 3, Receive $2.00 Register Reward
Buy 4, Receive $4.00 Register Reward

Here’s how to make some money when you buy Toothbrushes:

Reach Toothbrushes $0.99
Buy 4, Receive $4.00 Register Reward, Limit 1
Use 4 $1.00/1 Reach Toothbrushes from SS 4/17
Or use 2 $2.00/2 Reach Toothbrushes from SS from 5/8
Pay $0.00, Receive $4.00 Register Reward
Final Price: $4.00 Moneymaker


My total out the door was $3.46 for 16 items and I got $4 back to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment